Big Creek Freeride Area
The Freeride Area at Big Creek Park is designed with gravity riders in mind, and offers a number of progressive features designed to build confidence and expertise in more advanced trail skills.
- Gully - The original Big Creek Freeride trail includes steep downhill sections, jumps and an optional road gap line
- Lunch Line - Longest DH trail, includes roots, a rock garden, jumps and berms
- Honor Roll - Features a trail gap, triple berm jumps and connects to the lower portion of Gully
- Slalom - Our version of a flow trail features huge berms and a 20ft tabletop courtesy of the Eagle Scouts
- Sender Row - Great place to finish upper Lunch Line, includes a technical rock garden and dirt sender drop
- El Scorcho - Originally an uphill XC trail, now DH-only. Includes flat berms and a few technical features.
- Typhoon - The most technically difficult trail, includes a 7ft drop off Warren's Rock down to rocky and rooty sections
- Beginner Dirt Jumps - Perfect place to learn the basics on a step-up and three tabletop jumps
- Expert Dirt Jumps - Includes an intermediate line with 15-20ft tabletops and an expert-only line with four large gap jumps
NOTE: All trails in the Freeride area are 'EXPERT level', with various lines having optional 'Expert Only' features and drops.
We strongly encourage riders to:
- Wear a full face helmet, knee and elbow pads.
- Lower your seatpost
- Walk the trail BEFORE riding it to familiarize yourself with the terrain and features
- Go ONLY in the direction posted on signs. Do NOT walk or ride up a downhill-only trail.
- Do not modify or build without permission
Big Creek Freeride continues to evolve giving riders new jumps, features, and alternate lines. Stay in touch with the Freeride Group on Facebook.
Big Creek Park Freeride Area
1600 Old Alabama Rd.
Roswell, GA 30076
Open: Dawn to Dusk
Directions to the Freeride Area:
Option #1 (shortest/easiest): Park at Northwood Elementary (10200 Wooten Rd, Roswell, GA 30076) instead, and ride past the playground and soccer field, then past the metal gate.
Option #2 (the epic ride): Park in the main or lower parking lot. Take Stumpy's Loop to Laughing Creek and follow the Advanced trail signs. Note this is a long ride, and not ideal for DH bikes due to the amount of climbing.
Option #3 (quick access without moving your car): Park in lower lot by the bathrooms, then ride the paved greenway approx 1 mile. Look for the entrance to the Freeride area on your right (next to doggie poop station).
Big Creek is a City of Roswell park with trails maintained by RAMBO.