We've all heard about and watched the videos from the awesome trails just outside Asheville, NC at the new Bailey Mountain Bike Park. Now it's time for the Atlanta locals to experience the trails and the LUXURY of DH shuttle service.
View the park details and purchase your ride ticket here: http://baileymountainwnc.com/bike-park
Photos/videos are on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/BaileyMTBPark
1) Bailey is a legitimate freeride bike park with downhill trails much more advanced (steeper, faster, more technical) than Big Creek. Know your skill level before going. If unsure, contact Bailey Mountain directly. The owners, Guy, Jennifer, and Zach Miller are very familiar with Big Creek Freeride.
2) Full-face Helmet is required. Body armor is strongly encouraged.
3) Your bike should have AT LEAST 6" of travel. Enduro bikes are fine. Optimal is 6"-8" of travel. Disc brakes required.
4) You will need to bring your own food/water for a full day of riding. There may be a food truck for lunch, but you need to be self-sufficient.
5) Bailey Mountain charges a nominal daily fee of $35 to ride, and YOU MUST PRE-PURCHASE a ticket on their website BEFORE you go. They have daily rider caps, so PLEASE buy your ticket at least two weeks in advance. NO TICKET. NO RIDE.
6) Bailey Mountain requires a signed waiver of liability. This form is posted on their website. Print and complete it. IF YOU ARE UNDER 18, your PARENT or GUARDIAN must sign this form, or you will not be able to ride.
7) RAMBO is simply coordinating the trip, and in no way assumes liability for you during the trip. If you decide to make the trip, you are doing so at your own will and risk.
8) If you are under 18, we would prefer a legal guardian come with you or they can designate another parent or guardian to look after you in the event of an injury.
9) RAIN OR WEATHER POLICY: We will make a go/no-go decision Thursday, March 31st based on the trail status from Bailey.
Bailey Mountain is approximately 4hrs from North Atlanta.
Option 1: Day trip carpool from Big Creek Park
Meet Saturday, March 5th at 6:30AM and RTR at 7:00am SHARP
Return Saturday, March 5th at 10:00pm
We will try to consolidate/carpool as much as possible.
Option 2: Self-supported single or multi-day trip
Meet us at Bailey Mountain by 11am and come for the day or arrange your own camping or hotel overnight stay.
If you have questions about the trip, please contact Ryan Kramer at email@example.com.