RAMBO Members, it's time to nominate and choose a new RAMBO BOD for 2015. You can nominate yourself or someone you know that is committed to bringing Roswell, Alpharetta and Forsyth County the best mountain biking parks possible. The nominee just needs to be an active RAMBO dues paying member. We explain the process and timing below, along with the duties of each position.
This is your chance to make sure we have the best and most committed BOD team to lead the organization through the 2015 calendar year. Send your nominations to John Beisner, VP RAMBO at mail@RAMBO-MTB.org. We look forward to hearing from you and invite you to our next two chapter meetings (November 17 and December 15) as we prepare for an exciting 2015 with RAMBO.
For more information see our website at www.RAMBO-MTB.org.
RAMBO 2015 Board of Directors Nominations and Voting:
Nominations will open for the 2015 RAMBO Board of Directors on Nov 17th at our Monthly Chapter Meeting. Nominations will close during the RAMBO Chapter Meeting on December 15th 2014 at 7 pm at the Harp Irish Pub in Roswell, Ga. New board members for 2015 will be elected at the December Chapter meeting. You must be a RAMBO member to vote and to hold a BOD Position.
Please nominate yourself or someone else for one of the BOD Positions described below by notifying John Beisner, RAMBO Vice President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newly elected BOD members will assume their positions on January 1, 2015 an hold office for one calendar year.
RAMBO BOD Position Descriptions:
- President: The President shall be responsible for carrying out the directives of the Chapter Board of Directors. Duties include strategic planning, ensuring RAMBO goals are consistent with the members’ desires, ensuring that important action items are accomplished, researching and pursuing funding, attending SORBA meetings, and supporting all board members and club activities.
- Forsyth County Director: The Forsyth County Director shall be responsible for coordinating activities between Forsyth Country Park and Recreation Dept. and the RAMBO BOD. The Director shall perform strategic planning; ensuring RAMBO goals are consistent with the members’ desires, ensuring that important action items are accomplished, researching and pursuing funding, and supporting all board members and club activities.
- Vice President: The Vice President will be responsible for strategic planning, execution of RAMBO objectives, and assisting the president in administrative tasks and shall represent RAMBO in the absence of the President. Additionally the VP shall be responsible for establishing monthly meetings and their location.
- Trail Director – Roswell- Alpharetta: The Trail Director shall coordinate trail activities in Roswell and Alpharetta, including pursuing access to new lands for trail building, planning maintenance of existing trails, obtaining and directing volunteers at work parties, keeping a log of volunteer hours, developing relationships with local officials, and promoting proper trail etiquette. The Trail Director must be IMBA\SORBA Trail School certified.
- Trail Director – Forsyth County: The Trail Director shall coordinate trail activities in Forsyth County, including pursuing access to new lands for trail building, planning maintenance of existing trails, obtaining and directing volunteers at work parties, keeping a log of volunteer hours, developing relationships with local officials, and promoting proper trail etiquette. The Trail Director must be IMBA\SORBA Trail School certified.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer is responsible for maintaining RAMBO’s financial dealings per instruction from the SORBA Executive Board of Directors. The Treasure will produced documentation of all of RAMBO’s monthly transactions to SORBA each month. The Chapter Treasurer will work closely with the SORBA Treasurer to maintain all accounts as necessary to follow the federal rules for 501-3 (c) status organizations.
- Communications Director: The Communications Director shall manage and direct RAMBO communications. Specific duties include writing; assisting, or reviewing important club documents including board minutes, grant proposals, outreach materials, club messages, maintaining the by-laws, RAMBO archives, and providing information to members and others from these resources.
- Membership Director: The Membership Director shall create and manage a marketing plan to increase and sustain active members. Duties include developing outreach materials and distribution mechanisms, arranging technical sessions/speakers/activities at monthly meetings, and seeing that “fun” (referring to strategic plan) activities occur throughout the year. This position works closely with the Communications Director and Event Coordinator.
- Marketing Director: The Marketing Director coordinates and executes marketing plans collaborated with the Membership and Communications Directors. Duties include solicitations to prospective vendors, organizational donators and SORBA/RAMBO members; as well as, organize volunteer and donation campaign at RAMBO events.
- Webmaster: The Webmaster is responsible for maintaining the RAMBO website; domain: www.rambo-mtb.org by posting minutes and other correspondence pertaining to RAMBO activities, as well as changes of wording and graphic deemed necessary by the BOD.
- Event Coordinator – Roswell - Alpharetta: The Event Coordinator shall lead all chapter events and outings in Roswell and Alpharetta. Responsibilities include planning, leading and executing events with the assistance of the BOD and Volunteers.
- Event Coordinator – Forsyth County: The Event Coordinator shall lead all chapter events and outings in Forsyth County. Responsibilities include planning, leading and executing events with the assistance of the BOD and Volunteers.
- Free Ride Coordinator: The Free Ride Coordinator will lead all items related to downhill and free riding in RAMBO’s area of responsibility. In the case of trail changes the Free Ride Coordinator will consult with the Trail Director before significant changes are to be made to any trail or run. In the order of event planning the Free Ride Coordinator will enlist the assistance of the Events Coordinator when he feels appropriate.
- Night Ride Coordinator: RAMBO’s Night Ride Coordinator will lead all aspects of the Big Creek winter night riding program.
- Bike Patrol Coordinator: The bike patrol coordinator will lead RAMBO’s bike patrol programs for each RAMBO trail system. The coordinator will train or organize the training of new patrollers, collect patrol reports and give monthly reports to the RAMBO Board of Directors.